Competitors hoping to enter the Tatts Finke Desert Race must have done at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Completed a minimum of two AORC rounds within the last 24 months. OR
- Have scored AORC outright points in a round of the previous season OR
- Must meet 100 points from items in points checklist.
- 50 points, per Finke event competed at in the last five years.
- 25 points, per AORC event competed at in the last five years.
- 10 points, holding a current off road licence for more than three years; or
- 5 points, holding a current off road licence for less than three years.
- Not withstanding the Recommendation, participation may be permitted on a case-by-case basis where the individuals satisfy MA that the following requirement(s) have been met:
- Observed at two local Motorsport Australia Off Road Event having demonstrated a high level of vehicle control and course awareness in the past three years.
- Eligible competitors will be issued a special valid licence.
- Motorsport Australia reserves the right to exercise their discretion in offering an ‘Off Road Special’ licence to suitable competitors.
Whats on the Entry Form
- Team Contact
- Email Address
- Driver, Co-Drive, Nav & Nav 2 Names
- Car Class
- Car Make and Model
- Entry Requirements Selection
- Entry Requirements Event Details
- MSA Licence Details (optional)
- Valid Credit Card Details
Off Road Special Endorsement
In order to participate in the Motorsport Australia Off Road Championship’s (AORC) Finke Desert Race, an applicant must complete an application for a Motorsport Australia Off Road Special endorsement. The completed application must be submitted to Motorsport Australia Member Services on the approved form
Once a competitor has expressed their intent to compete at Finke, through either submitting an event entry or registering for the Championship, their eligibility status will be cross-checked with Motorsport Australia. If eligible, a competitor will be issued an ‘Off Road Special’ endorsement which is valid for that year only.
Motorsports Australia Forms
The Tatts Finke Desert Race for Cars is run in accordance with the MSA Manual and Off Road Appendix together with the SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS 2023 Competitors must be familiar with these rules.
Car entries for the 2023 Tatts Finke Desert Race will open on Wednesday 1st March 2022 at 0930 NT time (0800 WA; 1000 QLD; 1030 SA; 1100 NSW/VIC/TAS). Initial application will be through the purchase of an entry from here.
Once your application has been processed we will email you with confirmation of your entry, your details to login and complete the online entry form. Please allow up to a week for official confirmation, this is a timely process and needs to be done thoroughly.
Online Entry Lists
Competitor Update Form
Competitors will be emailed the Race Entry Update Form Link, if did not recieve the link please contact the office.