As at the close of entries, entrant must hold a Senior National Motorcycling Australia Licence (no One Event Licence) and a minimum of one of the below:
- Have previously completed Finke
- Currently compete in National Off-Road (AORC) or Motocross; (ProMX)
- Have recently completed other major official off-road events, example Hattah, Sunraysia, Condo 750 etc
- Have competed in an internationally recognised rally (FIM World Rally, Dakar)
- Have competed in other MA-recognised open events such as local/state/territory off-road race series etc, within the last 5 years
This policy will inevitably mean no competitor should enter Finke without history of competing in other MA or FIM permitted events.
Audit of declaration made by competitors on their entry form will be conducted by Finke Desert Race Inc in conjunction with Motorcycling Australia.
First Timers will need to declare this through their Online Entry. These competitors will have additional requirements to meet by the close of entries.
Motorcycling Australia Rule 18.104.22.168 requires no two machines of a different category may compete in any Event. Due to time limitations of the race format and requirements to keep bikes and quads separate, entries will not be open to quad bikes.