Bike entries for the 2020 Tatts Finke Desert Race will open on Tuesday 28th January 2020 at 0900 NT time (0730 WA; 0930 QLD; 1000 SA; 1030 NSW/VIC/TAS). Initial application will be through the purchase of an entry from here when entries open.. Once your application has been processed we will email you with confirmation of your entry, your race number and details to login and complete the online entry form.
The online application form will ask you for your:
- Date of birth
- How many Finkes you have done before
- Bike Class
- Bike Make and Model
- Preferred race number (optional)
- Visa or Mastercard details for payment of the entry fee of $695
Online Entry Form
Confirmed competitors will receive a PIN number which can be used to access their online entry form at Online Bike Entry Form (available when entries open). Please complete the form as soon as practical. Some information may not be available yet and you can return to this link at any time before entries close (Friday 22 May) to complete your entry form.
The Tatts Finke Desert Race for bikes is run in accordance with the MA GCR's together with the Supp Regs. Competitors must be familiar with these rules.
Registration, Scrutineering & Prologue
All competitors will be required to attend registration in the week before the race (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday), scrutineering on Friday afternoon and the Prologue on Saturday - see Supp Regs for details. Race days are Sunday 7th and Monday 8th June.
Self Scrutineering forms will be distributed to competitors in their competitor pack at registration. They must be completed and presented at Scrutineering Night (Friday). A provisional Self Scrutineering Form is available.
Competitors who have opted out of self scrutineering on their entry form can use the demo self scrutineering form as a guide as they will be subject to the same scrutineering requirements by scrutineers. They will also receive a self-scrutineering form in their pack which they should bring to scrutineering but it will be completed and signed off by an official scrutineer.
The Competitor Guide is available as a PDF download. The 2020 publication will be available here when it is released. The 2019 version is made available for information purposes.
Maps & Road Closures
Maps of the track and diagrams of the venues are available as a PDF download. These may be updated from time. A map of the track for use in Google Earth and other navigation devices is available as a KML download. These may be updated as required.
Finke Street Party & Night Markets
The following information relates to 2019 and is provided as a general guide pending the release of 2020 details
The 'Finke Street Party & Night Markets' will be held on Thursday 6 June in the heart of Alice Springs on Todd Street. Highlights of the Official Kick Off Party for 2019 include:
- SHOWTIME FMX: Epic Stunt Performances at 5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm (on Todd Street, outside of Bojangles and The Rock Bar)
- SIGNING TABLE: Meet some of the competitors who are ready to face the adventure of the 2019 Tatts Finke Desert Race from 7pm on the Town Council Lawns
- WIN!: Win a Double Pass for a VIP Helicopter Joy Flight over Prologue on Race Weekend 2019
- KIDS ZONE:: Hang out with the 2019 Finke Ambassador Team to fill out some fun (& informative) safety activity books ahead of Australia’s Ultimate Desert Race
- LIVE MUSIC: Catch Wolfpack Amadeus playing live music from 5pm - 9pm at the Reflection Pond (Top End of the Todd Mall, near Sporties Restaurant)
- MOVIE SCREENING: Watch a screening of the 2018 Official Finke Documentary at 7pm on the Church Lawns (Middle of the Todd Mall). Free popcorn, mats and chairs provided